Puzzled about a topic in the mind and brain sciences?
Need a scientist to answer your question or visit your class?
This is the place!
Just fill out the form below to submit your question. We will do our best to answer your question within 1 week’s time.
Before you submit a question, be sure to read our guidelines. This will help you avoid submitting questions that cannot be answered and also direct you to sources that might be of help.
NOTE: Your contact information will allow us to respond to your request and will never be used for any other purpose. If you have trouble completing the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to help resolve the issue.
- We do not have the resources to answer homework and school assignment questions.
- We do not answer questions that deal with medical diagnoses.
- Any basic question that can be answered with current Internet reference sites are not answered. We compiled a list of reference sites to help with these questions.
- If you are looking for science fair projects ideas, please check our science fair links.
- We try to return an answer within 1 week, however there are times when our volume of question submissions prevent our volunteers from responding in that time period. We ask that you be patient if there is a delay.
- Finally, please remember that all the scientists that participate in Ask A Scientists are volunteers. They are also working scientists that sometimes cannot respond due to other demands on their time.