MindCORE Summer Fellowship Program
June 5 – August 13, 2022
The MindCORE Summer Fellowship Program is the 10-week program with a salary stipend for both Penn and non-Penn students working with select MindCORE faculty in interdisciplinary mind and brain studies. Summer Fellows are matched with faculty based on student research interest and mentor preference. With their mentors, students embark on a research project shaped as much as possible by their interests.
Under the supervision of faculty and program staff, students participate in:
- A 1-week introductory workshop on interdisciplinary research in cognitive science & short programming course
- 9 weeks of mentored research experience
- Weekly lunches for research discussions & faculty seminars
- Research ethics training
- Technical training
- Lab tours
- Professional development opportunities that prepare participants for pursuing advanced education and careers in related fields of research.
- Guidance toward creating a final poster or presentation of the student’s summer research work
Applicants can apply to the MindCORE Summer Fellowship Program through the following funding sources:
- Lila R. Gleitman Undergraduate Summer Fellowship Fund
- Robert A. Rescorla Undergraduate Research Fund
- NSF REU Site in Interdisciplinary Mind & Brain Studies
- Wharton Applied Neuroscience & Business Analytics Fellowship
|Funding Source||Who Can Apply|
|Lila R. Gleitman Undergraduate Summer Fellowship Fund (8 students per year)||
|Robert A. Rescorla Undergraduate Research Fund (3 students per year)||
|NSF REU Site in Interdisciplinary Mind & Brain Studies (8 students per year)||
|Wharton Applied Neuroscience & Business Analytics Fellowship (4 students per year)
Applications for the 2022 program will be available here in December 2021.
Applicants are asked to select potential faculty mentors from the list below that is updated each application cycle. We also require a resume, unofficial transcript, and short personal statement.
The application deadline is February 22, 2021.
Participating Mentors – Summer Program 2022
Participating mentors include faculty members from the Departments of Biology, Neuroscience, Psychology, Linguistics, Philosophy, and Computer Science, across multiple schools of the University including the Schools of Arts & Sciences, Medicine, Engineering, Annenberg School for Communication, and Wharton Business.
Faculty marked with an asterisk (*) are accepting applications from both Penn and non-Penn students.
Sudeep Bhatia, Psychology
Delphine Dahan, Psychology
Kathryn Davis*, Neurology
Emily Falk*, Psychology & Communication
Marc Fuccillo, Neuroscience
Josh Gold*, Neuroscience
Roy Hamilton*, Neurology
Nicole Holliday*, Linguistics
Michelle Johnson, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Joe Kable*, Psychology
Allyson Mackey*, Psychology
Barbara Mellers, Psychology
Desmond Oathes, Psychiatry
Juhi Pandey, Psychiatry
Anna Papafragou, Linguistics
Michael Platt*, Neuroscience, Marketing, & Psychology
Anna Schapiro, Psychology
Marc Schmidt*, Biology
Benjamin Scholl, Neuroscience
Florian Schwarz*, Linguistics
Meredith Tamminga*, Linguistics
Sharon Thompson-Schill, Psychology
Lyle Ungar*, Computing & Information Science
Questions? Email us at: email@example.com