MindCORE Sona Participant Recruitment
The MindCORE Sona website is a platform for research participant recruitment on which Penn researchers studying the human mind and/or behavior can advertise paid research opportunities to the Penn community and general public.
For Participants: Those interested in signing up for paid research studies can make an account here.
For Researchers: Those wishing to recruit participants for their research studies can follow the checklists below.
STEP 1: Creating Researcher/P.I. accounts:
- All studies must be associated with a Penn faculty member with a P.I. Sona account; please email to firstname.lastname@example.org consent from the participating faculty member(s) to have an account created with their email address
- Non-faculty researchers may request a researcher account by emailing the following to email@example.com: 1) Name and email address & 2) CITI Human Subject Research training certificate
- Note: In lieu of sending individual CITI training certificates, P.I.’s or lead researchers can sign the MindCORE Sona Researcher Agreement confirming that researchers associated with their study will have been trained in alignment with Penn’s IRB requirements. To create a shared lab Researcher account accessible by multiple lab members, please sign the MindCORE Sona Multi-Researcher Account Agreement. These forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP 2: Creating & posting a study:
- First, make sure your study matches the following criteria:
- If your study fits the above criteria, individuals with Researcher or P.I. accounts can create a study listing (instructions can be found in the Sona Systems Manual)
- You can then submit your study for approval through Sona & send the following to email@example.com:
- Proof of IRB approval
- Copy of your study’s consent forms
Any questions or comments can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Broader Impacts Support
MindCORE provides faculty support and resources for the Broader Impacts section of NSF grants and comparable funding requirements. MindCORE offers several opportunities for faculty to engage in outreach programs designed to advance desired societal outcomes through research and education (see list of program opportunities here).
To request a Letter of Support from MindCORE, please email the following to email@example.com 1) Title of your proposed grant submission, 2) deadline for the letter & 3) a copy of the final submission where you specify MindCORE’s support.
If you have questions or would like to discuss potential outreach opportunities or collaborations with MindCORE, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Promoting Diversity, Inclusivity, & Social Equity
MindCORE has launched our own group on Campuswire (similar to Slack) as a place for the community to gather informally. Community members are welcome to share MindCORE-like events, post data science inquiries, advertise studies for which you need subjects, job postings, or and any other question or suggestions our community might enjoy
Click here to sign up and use the group code: 0959
Volunteering, Outreach, & Mentoring Opportunities
Resources for All Academic Stages
Applying to Graduate School
Graduate Student Resources